March 15, 2015

Garden Log

So Hayley and myself are trying to garden this year.  I'm hoping that we won't kill everything and that East and Tays won't dig everything up but if we do I'm going to chalk it up as a learning experience and try again next year.  So since neither of us know what we're doing I thought it would be a good idea to keep a bit of a log so we can see what works and what doesn't for next year.  I think that since we have my Dad's expertise maybe we can grow something eatable... maybe.  So far in my life I've only been able to keep cactuses (Cacti?)alive for extended periods of time and I've been told that they could probably survive a nuclear attack so yeah, I won't hold my breath on this garden.  Maybe Hayley will have the magic green thumb that we will need. 

March 13
We cleaned up the garden and Dad tilled it up for us.

March 14
We planted lettuce and spinach in three big pots.  We also moved the rhubarb over by the shed and planted another rhubarb plant next to it.  By the rhubarb we did two rows of garlic and in the small bed next to the tramp we planted onions along with the asparagus that is already there.  We filled the west side of the garden with peas and started some seeds (cilantro, peppers, and some flowers) in a flat.  I'm going to try and make a makeshift greenhouse with an old window I have to help the seeds grow and to keep the tomato plants that we bought from freezing.






2 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing!! :)) You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!!
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is amazing!! :)) You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!!
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete